By entering “Offshore Adventures” Competition (the “Win The Ultimate Offshore Adventure Prize Pack”) you accept and agree to be bound by the terms and conditions below:
To enter, you must complete the Competition details online at https://www.journeyofafisherman.com/ultimate-offshore-adventure-prize from 16 May 2019 to 13 March 2020
2. To be eligible to enter the Competition you must be an individual and natural person, a New Zealand resident, aged 18 years and over and hold a current full New Zealand Driver’s license.
3. You must provide a valid and current email address for the Competition administrators Offshore Adventures to contact you on.
4. You may only enter the Competition once. By entering the Competition you warrant that all information submitted is true, current and complete, and that you fulfil the eligibility requirements.
5. The Competition is not open to employees or contractors of Offshore Adventures, Honda Power Marine Ltd, Shimano New Zealand, Garmin Marine, Journey of a Fisherman, Fusion, NZ Fishing News, Steiner, Tight Lines LTD, Icey-Tek, Extreme Boats or its agents, subsidiaries, associated companies, or anyone professionally connected with the administration of the Competition, or their immediate families.
6. Offshore Adventures assumes no responsibility for incomplete or invalid entries, or for entries lost for any reason whatsoever, whether due to inaccessibility of the website via internet, network disruption, network congestion, data corruption, or otherwise. Proof of sending an entry will not be accepted as proof of Offshore Adventures receipt of the entry.
7. Offshore Adventures reserves the right to verify the eligibility of all entrants and to disqualify without notice (and refuse to award the Prize to) any entrant for whatever reason, including if Offshore Adventures has reasonable grounds to believe that the entrant has breached any of these terms and conditions, gained unfair advantage in participating in the Competition, or won using fraudulent means.
8. All entries eligible for the Prize must be submitted by 13th March 2020 (midnight), New Zealand Standard Time (the “Competition Period”).
9. The Competition is available during the Competition Period only (16th May 2019 to 13th March 2020).
10. A random prize winner will be drawn by 1200hrs on the 16th of March 2020 and be notified by the contact email address submitted.
• The prize includes 1 full day fishing with Tony Orton at the Mokohinau Islands on his 795 Extreme Boat for two people and 1 night in the Offshore Adventures lodge the night before fishing.
• A Shimano Torium 20 PG reel and Backbone Jig rod combo.
• 2 x Honda Marine lifejackets.
• 2 x Honda Marine wind breaker jackets.
• A pair of Steiner Navigator Pro 7x30 Binoculars from Beretta NZ
• A New Zealand Fishing News Magazine prize pack.
• An Extreme Boats merchandise pack.
• A Fusion Marine ActiveSound portable Bluetooth speaker system.
• A Garmin STRIKER™ Plus 5cv with GT20-TM Transducer.
• An Icey-Tek 75lt cooler bin.
• An Over-Board dry bag pack.
• A pair of SMITH Optics sunglasses.
* A handmade filleting knife from Kiwi Blade Knives.
12. The prize winner must be received by the person on the entry form, prize is non transferable to another person and the prize winner must be over 18 years of age. The winner must find their own way to Mangawhai Heads for the fishing trip.
13. Tony Orton reserves the rights to cancel any charter due to weather and lost fishing day are non refundable and non transferable.
14. The Prize Winner will be determined by Offshore Adventures. The “Winner” will be the first entry drawn from all valid entries received by 13 March 2020 (23:59).
15. Offshore Adventures determination of the Winner will be final and no correspondence will be entered into.
16. The Winner will be notified by email and must be available for the preparation and participation of all publicity activities that may be required by Offshore Adventures and associated parties within the competition. The Winner gives Offshore Adventures, Honda Power Marine Ltd, Shimano New Zealand, Garmin Marine, Journey of a Fisherman, Fusion, NZ Fishing News, Steiner, Tight Lines LTD, Icey-Tek, Extreme Boats permission to take or receive a photo of the Winner and the Prize for publicity and promotional activities.
The name of the Winner may be published on the Offshore Adventures website, e-newsletter, and social media channels, Offshore Adventures associates’ and related parties’ websites, and various social media channels. The Winner is not entitled to any payment or other compensation in connection with Offshore Adventures publicity and promotional activities.
17. The prize winner will also give consent by accepting the prize that they may be videoed for an episode on “Journey of a Fisherman”
18. The Prize is not redeemable for cash or transferable or substitutable for any other alternative in whole or in part. Any change in nature or value of the Prize is not the responsibility of Offshore Adventures. Offshore Adventures may in its absolute discretion substitute the Prize with an appropriate replacement in the place of the Prize.
19. The Winner is responsible for all insurance, tax, registrations and other costs that may be associated with the Prize. The Winner takes the Prize entirely at his/her own risk and indemnifies Offshore Adventures, Honda Power Marine Ltd, Shimano New Zealand, Garmin Marine, Journey of a Fisherman, Fusion, NZ Fishing News, Steiner, Tight Lines LTD, Icey-Tek, Extreme Boats to the fullest extent permitted by law, for any claims, damages, injuries, losses, costs or expenses suffered, sustained or incurred (including but not limited to indirect or consequential) as a result of, or arising out of, or in any way connected with the Competition.
20. Where the Prize is to be supplied by an entity outside of Offshore Adventures direct control and that entity fails, for whatever reason, to supply the Prize, Offshore Adventures has no responsibility for the provision of the Prize and is not obliged to provide an alternative prize or to take legal action to require the entity to provide the Prize.
21. Where Offshore Adventures is unable to contact the Winner, Offshore Adventures will select an alternative winner. Offshore Adventures will only make 3 attempts over 48 hours from picking the winner to contact the entrant, if not contactable with in 48 hours Offshore Adventures will pick a new winner.
22. Only the Winner is able to claim the Prize. The Winner must provide proper identification to Offshore Adventures (e.g. driver’s licence, passport, birth certificate).
23. If the Winner is under the age of 18 years, the Winner’s parent or guardian must give prior written consent to Offshore Adventures to award the Prize.
24. The Winner must collect or provide a suitable address for the Prize. To collect the prize, the winner(s) must provide details to receive the prize package within 1 working day of the winner being contacted, agreed by both parties. If, after successful notification, the Winner does not collect the Prize within the required period, the Prize will be regarded as forfeit.
Photos of the prize giving will be required at the time of collecting the prize. The collection of the prize will be at the Winner’s cost and suitable transportation should be sourced to transport the goods from the head office on collection. The Prize will be received as per above with promotional pictures taken with the winner.
GENERAL TERMS AND PRIVACY:
25. Offshore Adventures reserves the right to cancel, discontinue, amend, vary, extend or suspend the Competition and the terms of the Competition, at any stage, for any reason – including, but not limited to, any matter that affects the administration, security, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of the Competition.
26. Offshore Adventures takes no responsibility for any inability to enter, complete, continue or conclude the Competition due to equipment or technical malfunction, busy lines, inadvertent disconnection, communication errors, texts with a misspelt keyword, texts to an incorrect short code, Acts of God, or otherwise.
27. The Competition is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with, Facebook, Twitter or any social media platform.
28. The Winner consents to Offshore Adventures and Offshore Adventures related companies, associates, and agents using the Winner’s name, likeness, image and/or voice (including photograph, film and/or recording of the same) in any media for an unlimited period without any reference or remuneration, for the purpose of Offshore Adventures publicity and promotional activities (including promotion of the Competition and any future promotion of Offshore Adventures and Offshore Adventures related companies’, associates’, and agents’ goods or services).
29. All entries and materials submitted to Offshore Adventures in connection with the Competition (in any form including, without limitation, in hard copy or electronic form) become and remain the property of Offshore Adventures and the associated parties to the competition (Honda Power Marine Ltd, Shimano New Zealand, Garmin Marine, Journey of a Fisherman, Fusion, NZ Fishing News, Steiner, Tight Lines LTD, Icey-Tek, and Extreme Boats). Offshore Adventures may use such entries and materials and any intellectual property rights subsisting in them in any medium and in any manner it sees fit, including without limitation, by reproducing, modifying or adapting such entries and materials.
30. You agree to Offshore Adventures, Honda Power Marine Ltd, Shimano New Zealand, Garmin Marine, Journey of a Fisherman, Fusion, NZ Fishing News, Steiner, Tight Lines LTD, Icey-Tek, Extreme Boats (and Offshore Adventures related companies, associates and agents) collecting and holding your personal information for the purposes of the Competition, for future promotion and marketing purposes and for communicating with you about their products and services.
31. Offshore Adventures related companies for the purposes of the Competition include: Journey of a Fisherman.
32. The competition is governed by these terms and conditions, and, where applicable, the laws of New Zealand.
34. If you do not wish to receive any future communications, or if you wish to withdraw from the Competition or otherwise review or update your details, please contact Offshore Adventures at: Offshore Adventures, 18 Devon Street, Mangawhai Heads, Northland 0505.